The International Education Scholarship is awarded to students that actively participate in and contribute to campus internationalization at UNT.
NAFSA, the Association of International Educators, defines campus internationalization as the “conscious effort to integrate and infuse international, intercultural, and global dimensions into the ethos and outcomes of postsecondary education.”
Recipients of the International Education Scholarship are study abroad participants or international peer mentors. Recipients of the International Education scholarship are interested in sharing their culture with the campus community and learning about other cultures from around the world. Recipients of this scholarship have made a solid commitment to increasing campus internationalization at UNT in their program participation, plans of study, and campus organization involvement.
Awards are competitive and based on the following criteria:
- Student must meet full-time enrollment status requirements unless approved otherwise;
- Student must be enrolled in a degree granting program (IELI students are not eligible);
- Student must have a proven commitment to campus internationalization at UNT as evidenced by participation in/organization of internationalization events and activities on campus;
- Undergraduate and second bachelor’s applicants must have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA;
- Only UNT coursework will be considered in the GPA calculation.
- Transfer courses will NOT be considered.
- Graduate applicants must have at least a cumulative 3.5 GPA.
Application Deadline: November 15
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate and Graduate
Value of Award: Educational fund
Visit The Official Website For More Information