Scholarships worth £11,000 towards postgraduate study
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Derby is offering 8 scholarships to international students applying for postgraduate courses starting in September 2022. The GREAT Scholarships 2022 programme, launched by the British Council together with 41 UK universities, supports postgraduate students to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of £11,000 to eligible students pursuing one year postgraduate study at the University of Derby and must be from one of the following countries:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be a citizen of a GREAT target country
- Motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- Active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the University of Derby
- Willing to embody the University of Derby experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for the University of Derby, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfillment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for programmes
- Willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
How to apply
Applications for the British Council GREAT scholarship should be made after you have received an offer, using the form below. As part of your application you will need to include an essay of no more than 500 words about a topic you have studied previously and why you found it interesting. This topic should be related to or have inspired you to apply for your chosen degree programme. This essay will be part of the shortlisting criteria, alongside previous academic achievement, and the potential you show.
- shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend a video interview with the selection committee
- the deadline for applications for this scholarship is 23:59 BST on 1 June 2022
- if you are awarded a GREAT scholarship, you are not eligible to receive any other scholarships or discounts from the University of Derby
Apply by submitting an online application to the university via the above mention link.
Please note that applicants should be passport holders of China, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, or Thailand.