Those seeking asylum in Australia who wish to pursue tertiary education are regarded as international students and are required to pay full tuition fees as well as the other costs associated with an undergraduate degree.
This generous scholarship will provide the successful candidate with full tuition fees for an undergraduate degree of up to four years duration, an annual stipend of $5,000 and the option of on-campus accommodation for up to four years.
Application Deadline: 6th November 2021
Number of Awards: 1
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A person who is in Australia and currently on:
- a Bridging Visa E, or
- a Bridging Visa A and has applied for a Permanent Protection visa, or
- a Temporary Protection Visa, or
- a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- A commencing or continuing student enrolled or intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree as an international student at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Preference will be given to a student enrolling in a Bachelor of Engineering (any specialisation). If no suitable candidate is available, students enrolling in a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Information Technology will then be considered.
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor.
- Full international student course fees paid for 4 years.
- An allowance of $5000 per year (48 credit points of study) for up to 4 years.
- The option of on-campus accommodation costs up to $14,000. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- One scholarship will be offered every year
- Awarded based on on need and leadership potential as demonstrated in the Access Monash Mentoring interview.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester.
- You must maintain full-time enrolment
- You must continue to participate as an Access Monash Mentor
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students are open 2 August – 8 October 2021, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
- For current Monash students, applications are open 17 January – 4 March (2pm) 2022 apply directly to Monash.
- Note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied for a course and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.